Tuesday 30 November 2010

Dojo closed

The Butler
The Dallas Mavericks are sending rookie Dominique Jones to their developmental league team in Frisco.

This means one thing: He can't play.

That's probably harsh. Who knows? Maybe he goes to Frisco and the switch is flipped and he turns into a contributor. That is, however, unlikely. More often than not, players are sent to the developmental league because they can't crack the top nine on their own team and therefore "need minutes" in order to "improve." Rarely does a player that is sent to a developmental league and then come back and play.

If Jones can't outplay J.J. Barea, then there's little hope. Another bust.

I found it humorous that Rick Carlisle said that coach Nancy Lieberman will "kick his ass." Which basically translates to: "I didn't know how to motivate him. Maybe someone else does."

****
In the "good news" section of the Mavericks' daily report, they beat the Houston Rockets last night 101-91. Not that beating the Rockets is any great feat. They stink. Badly. Nonetheless, no one played more than 30 minutes, it's six straight wins and the supporting cast showed up.

Caron Butler had his best game of the season with some efficient shooting. I think something's wrong with him. He might be injured. Or he might be going into the Caron Butler funk that we were warned about when he came from Washington.

However, I'd be remiss if I didn't revel in a Rockets loss. I hate the Houston Rockets. Hate them, hate them, hate them. No matter how much I like Luis Scola, I can't love him because he's a Rocket. Any Rockets loss is a good Rockets loss, and the trend of them being extremely awful is pleasing.

Seriously? Chase Budinger? Charlie Hayes? Brad Miller? I expect more out of the hated Rockets.