Tuesday 21 June 2011

Glengarry Glen Gulutzan

There aren't a lot of "Glens" in the world, are there?

I've known one personally in my life. There's a new one in Dallas-Fort Worth.

The Dallas Stars replaced Marc Crawford with Glen Gulutzan.

All I can think about is money. The Stars still aren't owned, still step-children of the NHL and bastards of the Hicks Sports Group. They don't have money and I can't imagine Gulutzan required a ton of money to come on board.

Also, the fact that he's coached 80 percent of the team as the el jefe of the Texas Stars, the franchise's farm team. Of course, these kids -- although good -- are still getting playing time because the Stars are not adding names from free agency. Whoever is already getting a paycheck is getting ice time.

I'm not going to judge Gulutzan right now. I was underwhelmed by both Ron Washington and Rick Carlisle. Each have taken their teams to the championship level of their respective leagues. So, what the hell do I know?

Nuttin'.